ON SUNDAY morning, I ate the worst breakfast of my life. We’d left the house just after 8:30 in the morning for a burdensome road trip that would take us five hours south for business. It was an unpleasant obligation, a necessary evil, even, but the drive up was fun, just the two of us. That is, until we pulled over at a Services along the way, somewhere near Sheffield, and stopped for what would be the worst breakfast ever. The place promised a good cooked breakfast and delivered things shrivelled within an inch of their lives and other bits (an egg? a tomato?) too catastrophic to mention. Neither one of us finished and we resolved to never speak of it again. (P took it further and vowed to never stop at any Services again.)
After our business meeting was completed (with still unfinished business to tend to), we stopped in to see another associate of ours for a quick visit, and then set off on the long drive home. We decided to stop in at a charming pub along the way, a couple of hours from our English countryside cottage, and ended up ordering a Sunday roast, as they were still serving. It delicious and fancy and (happily) more than made up for breakfast.
Even better still, was curling up on the sofa, drinks by the fire after a very long day.
This week’s links include an extremely pink apartment in Milan and bamboo porcelain dinner plates for February soirées; a pink mohair jumper for winter days, a new print at The Shop, and much, much more.
P.S. past weekend links
This Week's Links
• This 753-Square-Foot Milan Apartment Is Extravagant, Romantic, and Extremely Pink
• For February days: this Pink Mohair Jumper & these Blue Jeans
• Recipe: Sizzling crêpes with prawns
• In the Kitchen: these Bamboo porcelain dinner plates & this Raffia Cutlery Set
• Ström Architects adds contemporary extension to traditional English house
• New Print at The Shop: Architectural Study No.01 (plus free shipping on all prints)
• The World Has One Less Jeff Koons “Balloon Dog”
• What to pack: Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops & this fantastic Highlighter
• How colours affect the way you think
• Signs of Spring: these White Jeans & this Trench Coat
And A Few Things You May Have Missed
News 17.02.23: Today’s Articles of Interest from Around the Internets
The Importance of Setting Achievable and Meaningful Personal and Professional Goals
News 15.02.23: Today’s Articles of Interest from Around the Internets
Sunday Best Vol. 01 | No. 06: Good Vibes Only
News 13.02.23: Today’s Articles of Interest from Around the Internets